Most people just take a banana, eat it, and throw away the peel. But, throwing away the peel is a mistake, as it contains several skin-friendly ingredients that you can use. The following guide will show you how to use your banana peel and why it is so good for your skin health.
The Many Secrets Within A Banana Peel
Banana peels contain things like potassium, lutein, zinc, iron, and manganese. These peels are also rich in vitamin A, B, C, and E. The high mineral and vitamin content helps reduce inflammation in your skin, which should help against things like acne or redness.
Studies have also shown that the lutein content in banana peels help boost hydration, elasticity, and UV-light protection. Remember that lack of hydration and elasticity promotes wrinkles as does overexposure to UV-lights.
Remember to talk to your dermatologist about this new addition to your skincare regimen; that way he or she can help monitor your skin's reaction.
2 Ways To Use Your Banana Peel
1. Simple Banana Peel Rub
Follow the next steps:
- Peel a ripe banana, which looks yellow with a few dark spots.
- Eat the banana, or freeze it for later use.
- Cut the banana peels so that they are easy to hold in the palm of your hand.
- Massage the inside of your banana peel over your skin. Do this for a few minutes, but stop using the peel once it has darkened.
- Leave the banana residue on your skin for a few hours, although you can remove it sooner if you want.
There you go; that is all you have to do to apply the peel benefits to your skin.
2. The Banana Spritz
You can try the following steps:
- Grab a few banana peels from ripe bananas and throw them in a pot with at least 3 cups of water.
- Boil the peels for a few minutes. You can throw away the banana peels, but keep the water.
- Allow the water to cool down, then pour it into a sterilized spray bottle.
- You can add a few drops of vitamin E, aloe vera, or almond oil for added skin benefits.
- Spray your body and face with this tonic. This should last at least a month if you refrigerate it.
As you can see, a banana peel has more uses than you might of thought, as it can help keep your skin looking vibrant. For more information on skin care, contact medical professionals like those at Advanced Urgent Care.